Friday, March 16, 2018

MTS220 Thinking of You


Happy Friday, everyone!  My birthday card stash is running low, so I pulled out some Delightful Daisy DSP and a sweet floral set called Blooms and Wishes to coordinate with the latest Match the Sketch sketch:


I hope I don't offend anyone by saying that although I love most of the patterns in this DSP series, this particular pattern is not my favorite!  But sometimes I like to challenge myself so that's what I did!  I just got the Diagonal Stripe background stamp, so I stamped a little strip in Smoky Slate for the left vertical panel, then stamped the flower in So Saffron and the leaves in Old Olive, stamped off for a lighter look:


I added an Enamel Glimmer Dot for the center, and added another on the sentiment banner:


Finally, I stamped the inside with a sentiment from Beautiful Day, added another stamped strip and continued the florals, which were stamped off for a softer effect:

 

I am hoping this will make the recipient feel like spring is coming....because you certainly could not tell here in SE PA....our weather reporters said we won't have temps above the mid-40s before April!  Brrrrr!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

A little St Patrick's Viking?????



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Blooms and Wishes, Beautiful Day, Diagonal Stripe
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Delightful Daisy DSP
 Ink So Saffron, Old Olive, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray
Accessories Enamel Glimmer Dots
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Dimensionals

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I love it, LeAnne ... perfect representation of the un-Spring-like winds that are blowing through!!
A beautiful card, gorgeous match with the So Saffron, and never tire of diagonal stripes!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Not my favorite DSP either but you made it look great! Love the yellow flower with it!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the buttery yellow and gray, this is lovely!

Vickie said...

Well, Leanne, for someone that was not fond of this DP you really pulled it off and together...it is quite lovely...not sure I would have purchased this paper, but seeing your card...ummm maybe so...nice striped stamp...that really pulled it together...nice using it on the inside also...pat yourself on the back...well done

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! Such pretty colors with that gorgeous flower! It's funny you mentioned that particular sheet of DSP. I had that pack out 2 days ago to work on some Easter cards. I always come to that one sheet and don't know what to do with it! Glad to know i'm not alone in my thinking but atleast you conquered it and used it beautifully! A job well done! Miss Cassidy looks fabulous in her St Patty's Day hat! Always so cute, too! TFS and have a nice St Patrick's Day! :)

Fanny said...

Hey! Ganz tolles Werk geworden, danke für deine Teilnahme bei Match-the-Sketch und viel Glück bei der Verlosung!
LG FANNY