Tuesday, January 9, 2018

SIP132 Cake Walk


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  I am going through a bit of a post-holiday stamping slump!  Thankfully the Stamp Ink Paper challenge of "Cake Walk" helped get me started on my January birthday cards!

No automatic alt text available.

Doesn't that cake look delicious?!  My only problem was that I have NO cake stamps....can you believe it?!  At least not one I could remember!  But I DID remember that SU's Birthday Memories DSP has several cake images in it, so I went with that!  So here we go:


My sketch came from the challenge at Global Design Project, which is to CASE Krista's pretty card:



I used a piece of the DSP for my background and fussy-cut a cake from another piece of DSP for my focal point; I added a little embossed background piece, a small doily, a happy birthday sentiment  and banner from Happy Birthday Gorgeous, and finally, some silver glimmer paper squiggles!  Perhaps a bit busy, but I love all the fun embellishments!


I had originally used Berry Burst for my banner, but it didn't seem to match my paper as well as I wanted it to, so I used Rose Red; now in the photo, the Rose Red doesn't match!  At any rate, I am sure the recipient will enjoy it (and not be as critical as I am, LOL!)!

So why don't you go on a cake walk of your own and share your "cake" creations with us at Stamp Ink Paper?  We can't wait to see them!

Cassidy sharing her new Uno card-holder!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Happy Birthday, Gorgeous
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Rose Red, Powder Pink, Silver Glimmer, Birthday Memories DSP, Christmas Around the World DSP (ret)
 Ink Rose Red
Accessories Doily (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Bitty Banners Die, Chalk Talk Die, Perfect Polka Dot EF, Patterned Pumpkin Thinlets (all ret)

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Adorable cake card, LeAnne! I'm not sure I even have a cake stamp these days! LOL My stamping mojo took a Christmas break and has not returned. I have a SU order coming today so maybe that will spark something! I know my customer has been calling me giving me orders and I just haven't gotten there yet! Oh the life of a crafter! LOL Great card today for the challenge and I do love all the pops of sparkle! TFS and have a great day!

stampwithsandy said...

A 'delicious' card, LeAnne! Those papers are fabulous. Guess what - I don't have any cake stamps, either!

Linda Callahan said...

I don't have any cake stamps either! Your card is very sweet though!

Jan Clothier said...

An absolute riot of cake - it's a party all by itself! I love the sense of fun you've created and the little glittery swirls are super!

Dawn Tidd said...

Fun card, LeAnne! I love the colors and how smart to trim out that cake! I love the little touches of Glimmer Paper too. I may need one of the card holders like Cassidy has!

Lisa Elton said...

For a girl with no cake stamps you sure put together a winner!! This is perfectly festive and fun. It would make anyone's birthday a happy one!

Stesha Bloodhart said...

I wish I had more time to play with all of my stamps! I love what you did with it! Thanks for playing along with the Global Design Project!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this LeAnne - a great showcase of these bright and colourful papers! You totally nailed both challenges.