Friday, November 17, 2017

AYSI163 Sail On


Happy Friday, peeps!  Phew, the end of a busy but productive week!  It's time for another As You See It challenge!  Check out this sketch:

No automatic alt text available.

Yesterday was John's birthday, so I put the sketch to good use making his card with a couple of new-to-me stamp sets by Clearly Whimsy called Ocean Journey and Ocean Journey sentiments:


Since John used to have a sailboat, but doesn't any longer, he can look at this little boat longingly and dream of days when he used to be at the tiller!  I used Lemon Lime Twist, Marina Mist and Pacific Point for my colors; I was inspired by the gift wrap we used to wrap John's present:


Pretty bright!!  I used some retired DSPs for the background diecut and the paper-pieced hull, then colored in the mast and star with a marker.  I twisted some baker's twine and embroidery floss together to make the string:


The banners were various DSPs and stamped pieces and I added a little enamel star for embellishment:


The inside was stamped with anchors from the set as well as a sentiment from a past Paper Pumpkin kit:
 

Cassidy made her own card for Grampy; she used stickers to spell out "Happy John Day along with balloons that also spelled Happy Birthday (all her own idea):


And she liked my boat, so she decided to use the same image for the inside of her card, although hers is illustrated a little more than mine!!!  That girl LOVES my markers:


My favorite parts are the hand-drawn sea creatures at the bottom of the ocean, which she labeled just in case he couldn't figure out what they were:



I think I'll order "lopster" the next time we go out for seafood, LOL!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Paper Pumpkin sentiment, Ocean Journey, Ocean Journey Sentiments (Clearly Whimsy), Background Blocks (Concord & 9th)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Pacific Point, Lemon Lime Twist, Marina Mist, Eastern Palace Specialty DSP, Prints DSP (ret)
 Ink Basic Black, Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Lemon Lime Twist
Accessories Emamel Star, White Baker's Twine, Embroidery Floss
Tools     Big Shot, Labels Framelits (ret), Dimensionals

6 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Both cards are so special...John is a blessed husband and grammpy! That's the first thing I noticed on her sea creatures. She will be a demonstrator one day and will think outside of the box! I'm sure he'll be pleased with his cards and present. Is he having a birthday party?

I Card Everyone said...

Cassidy's card is as cute as yours is handsome, LeAnne - both spectacular ... certainly must have been smile-inducing! Happy John Day, indeed!
=]

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, I love this LeAnne! The colors, the boat, the banners- all of it is fabulous! Cassidy's card is pretty darn cute too, bet Grampy loved it :)

JoAnn said...

Love the little sailboat on your card and the colors look great. Cassidy's card is sweet. I bet John loved both of them. Happy Birthday to John.
Have a great weekend.

Lisa Elton said...

Well a happy belated birthday to your John! Your sailboat card is terrific. I especially like the little banners! Cassidy did a great job on her card too...inside and out!

Jan Clothier said...

This summery offering is such a contrast with your PP card! It seems you're a mistress of all seasons!