Wednesday, July 5, 2017

CAS Butterfly for July


Hello peeps!  I am bravely attempting another watercolored creation for the CAS Watercolour challenge for July, which is butterfly!


I began by heat embossing the butterfly from Butterfly Basics on some watercolor paper with Versamark and clear embossing powder, then loosely watercoloring all around it with some Flirty Flamingo and Calypso Coral inks:


I ran it through the Big Shot with the Butterflies die, only cutting it to just shy of the center, then turning it and cutting it again, so that there was still an uncut portion in the center.  I folded up the wings and added a layer of Dazzling Diamonds gimmer paper underneath; can you see it peeking through?



And then I added a scalloped mat of Calypso Coral; the sentiment is from Paper Pumpkin.  I mounted everything on a Very Vanilla card.  With a generic sentiment like "hello", it could be used for most any occasion!  I might go back and add a couple of sequins, but for now, I'll just leave it as it is! 

Dana's gift to me for Mother's Day was one of those painting classes....a bunch of people get together and they all paint the same picture!  I had myself pretty convinced that I could not do this....I am no artist! But the teacher explained everything and it was pretty fun!



 I chose a sunflower!  Dana's is on the left, mine is on the right!


It's funny how everyone starts with the same "ingredients" and yet the end result is a unique creation!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Butterfly Basics, Itty Bitty Backgrounds (ret), Paper Pumpkin (Hello Sunshine)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Watercolor, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer, Calypso Coral
 Ink Versamark, Calypso Coral, Flirty Flamingo
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Butterflies Thinlets, Layering Squares Frameliets, Aquapainter

13 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

I think this is just simply, sweet! Love the watercolored background, punched out butterfly and dazzling background under it all. Super fun, card! It is funny about the painting. I've noticed that when doing these things with friends, but we're all different!! :)

Elaine M said...

WOW! For someone who "couldn't do this", your flower is fantastic!! Besides, it's fun to be creative together.

Bonnie said...

Your butterfly and watercolor background are beautiful, LeAnne! Love the Dazzling paper peeking out! That class sounds like fun! Both of you did a fantastic job!

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous butterfly, I love how it's wings popped up against the watercolour background. Thanks for joining us at CAS WATercolour :)

Colleen Begley said...

How fun! Great mom's day gift. Love how they both turned out. Pretty pink butterfly too.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the way you die cut this lovely lacy butterfly! Pretty card LeAnne. You and Dana both did a wonderful job. Your paintings are so pretty!!

Vickie said...

Love your Butterfly technique....and beautiful job on your flower...I think you can pain LeAnne

Frenchie said...

LeAnne , my my my , it's sooooo, beautiful. You did great looks so real , what a nice gift
Tfs
Hugs Frenchie 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Lesley said...

Love your card and your painting!! I want to take a class like that!!! Fun!

Loll said...

LOVE your card LeAnne! Your watercoloured butterfly and background are so pretty in pink! :) Love the design with the partially die-cut butterfly. That takes serious skills to do that!! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Loll said...

Oops ... also meant to say how amazing those sunflower painting are. You and Dana should be so proud. Great job!!

Crafty Casey said...

For someone who doesn't consider herself an artist, your sunflower (and Dana's, too) came out awesome - both so different, but both beautiful! Good job!

Linda Callahan said...

This is so pretty! And you gals did a fabulous job on those sunflowers!