Thursday, July 11, 2013

FMS94

DSCF6394

Howdy, peeps!  There was an interesting sketch by Linda Suarez yesterday on Freshly Made Sketches, and since I needed birthday cards for a nephew as well as a niece, I put that little sketch to work.  Here it is:

And here’s my nephew card using Soho Subway papers and a couple of new sets:

DSCF6392

Remembering Your Birthday and Glorious Grunge made an appearance here, along with the little dater stamp from the Epic Day collection…(it’s his birthday date):

DSCF6393

and when I saw how Justin at jkcards made these cool chevrons using the hexagon punch—you can see his here—I just had to make some too!  Of course, the inside sentiment finishes the thought from the outside sentiment, but I forgot to photograph that!

DSCF6394-001

The niece one uses Birthday Basics DP….wow, I just love all these papers, they are fun and colorful…..and some of that new chevron ribbon that sort of gives that strange optical illusion effect:

DSCF6316

I added some embossed hearts with my birthday banner….

DSCF6318

and another cute birthday stamp from Remembering Your Birthday along with the rest of the embossed hearts!

DSCF6319

Cassidy got the giggles yesterday while having a little banana bread snack with Lambie:

DSCF6301

DSCF6300

DSCF6305

DSCF6307

DSCF6309

Enjoy your day!

18 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Love both of these card, LeAnne. I wasn't crazy about this sketch but you made it look great. And I know what you mean about that ribbon and the optical illusion, it freaks me out! I haven't brought myself to use it yet.

Kara said...

love the diagonals and the awesome papers!

Frenchie said...

Ms LeeAnn just did !! enjoyed my day !!! she's such a cutie !!! god bless her forever !!! and the grandma too !!
hugs frenchie

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards and what a dearie!!! She is sooooo cute!! :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

Just the perfect way to start off my day - seeing this sweet cheerful face. I just wish I could hug Cassidy. Will you do that for me? ;)
I love these cards today LeAnne. These papers are so perfect for each one and they really make the cards spectacular. I have looked at both of these and now I think you've pushed me over to the "yes" side for sure. Thank you for the inspiration and for the hint about the hexagon punch and chevrons. I love it when we can find multiple uses for punches.
Have a great day.

Bev Gomez said...

Hey LeAnne, I love both of your cards and when I saw the sketch I thought what would I do with that and you rocked it girl. OMG Cassidy is so cute. She is just so precious. Have a great day.

Linda Callahan said...

Oh those chevrons are terrific! great birthday cards! And that Cassidy is so adorable - and paired with that sweet lamb....over the top!

Kristi said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne! You did rock that sketch! I really like the nice details on these:the chevrons and date stamp and I can't get enough of that chevron ribbon!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

Lovely Cards!!!!
I love the simple layout and how you jazz it up!!!
tfs:)

*Vicki* said...

Wonderful creations LeAnne! I love the FM sketch and I have to say that the splatter stamp REALLY makes a difference...I'm piling up a list of "wants" now!! LOL!!

Basement Stamper said...

Both cards are great, but I adore that first one and your use of the shapes and the date stamp. I think I need to make a card like that for someone's upcoming birthday. Awesome idea!

yellowrose85 said...

Love both of these cards.

Kathy

Allisa said...

Love the fun mix of elements on your card! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Amy O said...

I love both of these LeAnne! What a clever way to use the date stamp and the hexagon punch. And I love the chevron ribbon, but I always feel like I didn't cut it straight or something because of that illusion.

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! Both of these cards are fabulous! I love how you used the rotary stamp on the first one! I never think about that stamp... I should keep it with the others! Love those DSPs, too!

Jen Timko said...

Wow, these are awesome!! Two great takes on the sketch, LeAnne!! Love that grunge card particularly! Yes, that ribbon does give a weird illusion...I thought it was me at first, lol!! Glad to see you (twice) this week!

Linda Suarez said...

Both of your cards are fabulous but I have to say that the soho subway card is my favorite! I LOVE it! You have the perfect mix of elements! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

stampwithsandy said...

Congrats on your FMS win, LeAnne! Your card was my favorite, too!